As I delve deeper into the exciting world of k-beauty, many Korean skincare brands have already become strong favourites of mine. Whamisa is undoubtedly one of the big stars of natural K-beauty scene and I couldn’t resist to fall under the brand’s spell.
Whamisa Organic Flowers Deep Rich Toner is one of the Whamisa’s best known products and it will be a main character in this story…This is an essence toner enriched with fermented plant extracts and designed to moisturise, gently exfoliate and prepare skin for serum and moisturiser application. Deep Rich Toner is especially beneficial for normal to dry skin. Here can come a question from my readers who know that I have oily and acne-prone skin, how can I use the product for dry skin? The answer is simple I never look at the product skin type recommendations instead I focus on ingredients, brand reputation and my skin needs. I also feel that after all the effort, my skin is more normal type at the moment rather than oily. Additionally I never use creams on my face so all other skincare products I use like toners, serums and lotions should be moisturising enough to avoid dehydration especially during cold winter month!
So how is this toner different from other products? First of all it feels less watery and has much thicker texture than other toners I’ve tried, this makes it much easier to apply on skin straight away without a need for cotton pad. Another big difference I would say is that it has more skin benefits that you would usually expect from a toner. In addition to refreshing and conditioning skin, Whamisa Deep Rich Toner moisturisers, brightens, purifies and I’ve noticed that it provides gentle exfoliation too. Usually exfoliating toners can be really drying and even irritating for more sensitive skin. But Whamisa toner offers very gentle exfoliation, improving overall skin tone and boosting skin radiance. So I would say that this toner is a truly multi-tasking product with numerous skin benefits. I can sometimes use this toner on its own, without applying any products afterwards and my skin feels very happy. I usually use it in my pm routing, following evening cleansing and I would use it every 1-2 days or everyday if my skin feels particularly tight or dehydrated.
Whamisa Deep Rich Toner’s key ingredients. Whamisa toner doesn’t contain any water, which is a great point as water-free products require less preservatives to prolong their shelf life and I find that their more effective too thanks to the concentrated formulation. This toner is enriched with fermented flower extracts, that are at the heart of the brand in general. Using fermentation process for flower and plant extracts preserves their properties and keeps the ingredients stable for much longer. On top of that, Whamisa toner is enriched with such skin beneficial ingredients like Aloe Vera leaf extract, Broccoli extract, Avocado and Argan oils.
You get 120ml of product for £28.25 and it is very economical to use. I had this toner for almost a year and I am just finishing it up now. By the way, it still has the same light flowery scent as when I just opened it, definitely no sign of the product going bad. And the bottle comes with the most beautiful box, good enough even for the special gift! Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of it and it was already recycled, so you have to trust my word! You can get Whamisa products at CosNatural and get 10% off with my promo-code balance10
What can be better than a clean, natural makeup? Only a makeup line created by the natural skincare pros like Moogoo. I have very warm feelings towards Moogoo products to start with and was very excited about their promotion that allowed me to get full size Dusty Girls Tinted Moisturiser as a gift with purchase!
Dusty Girls is a line of natural makeup that comes from Australia and it is created with many skin beneficial plant derived extracts. I’ve got
Dusty Girls Tinted “Earth Cream” in light and as I mentioned it was a gift with my Moogoo purchase, but its retail price is £11 which is a really good value for money in my opinion and you can get it from the Dusty Girls website (UK shipment is £5 and international shipment is available from their Australian website).
So how can we compare this tinted cream against other natural makeup products? Well it actually works extremely well, so well I was even a bit surprised. I cannot say that I was skeptical but I know what to expect from the natural foundations/tinted moisturisers (let’s be honest lack of silicone makes them not so great). This cream was a bit of shocker. It has lovely thick texture that spreads so easily, so a little bit goes a long way and it gives this really flattering velvety finish. The coverage is really good too, so small blemishes, mild skin redness and not very dark circles under eyes will be covered without a need for concealer. I would even say that it’s more like a light foundation rather than a tinted moisturiser!
As I mentioned I’ve got it in the the light shade and it is probably just a tiny bit light for me when applied with the fingertips, but this colour works really well when applied with the blender. That’s actually how I normally apply my makeup so that’s fine for me!
So application is easy and the finish looks great, but that’s not all benefits of this Dusty Girls Earth Cream. I really like its formulations and the most important thing is that it doesn’t make my skin breakout and doesn’t clog pores. It is enriched with many healing and soothing ingredients that work great for acne-prone skin like Aloe Vera and Nigella Sativa Oil, additionally this cream contains such exciting extracts like Manuka Tree Leaf Oil and Magnolia Acuminata Bark Extract that sound great and designed to promote skin health. This cream contains Shea Butter, that usually causes lots of blemishes on my skin, but on this case for some reason. I guess it all depends on its quality and quantity used in the product.
Overall, Dusty Girls Tinted Earth Cream is a very pleasant discovery for me, that is perfect to create natural makeup look without any hassle and no compromise on the ingredients quality. And the packaging looks very cute and cheerful too!
Have you already tried any of the Dusty Girls makeup products?
Everyone has a different story to tell about their 2016, for me this passing year was a game changer in terms of how my skin looks and how few blemishes I’ve had. If you follow my blog, you might have seen some of my before and after acne pictures. So now I am sharing a list of my top 5 blemish banishing natural skincare products to get rid of pimples or that help to heal skin afterwards. All of these products were either discovered by me in 2016 or late 2015 and became my trusted companions on the way to clear skin.
- Indie Lee Blemish Lotion, £24.45. Indie Lee is one of the top natural brands for me and their Blemish Lotion is one of this easy and quick fixes to tackle all sorts of pimples. It should be used overnight unless you don’t mind walking around with pink spots on your skin during the day This product is very effective and helps to heal even the most painful and inflamed blemishes and it’s very economical too, you get quite a significant amount of product yet only little is required per application.
- Elde Balancing Moisture Cream (changed to Balancing Treatment), $59. I got this cream late in 2015 and it was my absolutely favourite product for the morning routine. I usually struggle with face creams, fluids or creamy lotions as they make my skin extremely oily and break me even more. However, this Elde Balancing Cream is completely different and very enjoyable to use for acne-prone skin. It helps to sooth skin thanks to its cocktail of anti-inflammatory ingredients and keeps skin radiant and smooth throughout the day without any sign of oiliness. It helps to heal blemishes faster and definitely does not cause any new ones. My only concern is that now Elde has done a rebranding and I haven’t tried their new version, I really hope I won’t be disappointed!
- Madara Clarifying Toner, £12. Toners are often overlooked in skincare routines but for me it’s one of the most crucial steps that makes a huge difference to how my skin looks. Madara has got a fantastic selection of toners suitable for different skin types and concerns and Clarifying Toner is definitely worth checking for anyone who’s got blemishes. It contains Salicylic acid that gently exfoliates skin, it soothes thanks to the cucumber extract and it further purifies skin diminishing the appearance of whiteheads and blackheads. It’s also not so strong and not drying at all like other toners for acne-prone skin that contain with salicylic acid.
- Lee Jiham Vita Propolis Ampoule, £26.90. If the other three products on my list are created for acne-prone skin, it is not the case with this serum. As a huge fan of K-beauty I couldn’t resist to include one of the Korean skincare products. I am also convinced that it is not necessary to use only products for acne to have clear skin but it is important to use skincare that makes skin happy. Repairing serum is a must in my skincare routine, I’ve a got a few strong favourites and as I discovered Lee Jiham in 2016 I think it should be on this list. It is not 100% natural brand, but I still love their formulas and they are much cleaner than many brands that claim to be natural and organic. This serum is great for brightening, repairing and plumping skin. I usually use it overnight and I always wake up with glowing skin the next morning. It definitely helps to fade some of post-acne brown spots and even skin tone. It also has very pleasant texture that will work well for oily and combination skin types.
- Evolve Organic Beauty Fresh Face Facial Wash, £14. I decided to finish my list with a good cleanser, as this is such an important step in any skincare routine. Lightly foaming gel cleansers were my preference in 2016 and Evolve Facial Wash was repurchased far more often than others. This wash feels very luxurious yet with much smaller price tag that you would expect to pay for a high end natural cleanser. I love Evolve Organic Beauty a lot as all there products are hand made using very high quality ingredients and produced locally in the UK. Fresh Face Wash is designed for oily and combination skin types, it’s a really pleasant gel that produces just enough lather, has nice fresh scent that is not overpowering, doesn’t leave any residue and cleanses skin really well. And what is the most important thing is that it is very gentle and doesn’t ruin skin balance causing it to break out. Love it!
So this is my list of favourites for 2016. Last year it was all about soothing my skin and keeping up with the progress of previous year. 2017 is the time to tackle some of the post-acne scarring I have and to achieve even and smooth complexion, so stay tuned!