Top 5 Acne Banishing Skincare 2016
Everyone has a different story to tell about their 2016, for me this passing year was a game changer in terms of how my skin looks and how few blemishes I’ve had. If you follow my blog, you might have seen some of my before and after acne pictures. So now I am sharing a list of my top 5 blemish banishing natural skincare products to get rid of pimples or that help to heal skin afterwards. All of these products were either discovered by me in 2016 or late 2015 and became my trusted companions on the way to clear skin.
- Indie Lee Blemish Lotion, £24.45. Indie Lee is one of the top natural brands for me and their Blemish Lotion is one of this easy and quick fixes to tackle all sorts of pimples. It should be used overnight unless you don’t mind walking around with pink spots on your skin during the day This product is very effective and helps to heal even the most painful and inflamed blemishes and it’s very economical too, you get quite a significant amount of product yet only little is required per application.
- Elde Balancing Moisture Cream (changed to Balancing Treatment), $59. I got this cream late in 2015 and it was my absolutely favourite product for the morning routine. I usually struggle with face creams, fluids or creamy lotions as they make my skin extremely oily and break me even more. However, this Elde Balancing Cream is completely different and very enjoyable to use for acne-prone skin. It helps to sooth skin thanks to its cocktail of anti-inflammatory ingredients and keeps skin radiant and smooth throughout the day without any sign of oiliness. It helps to heal blemishes faster and definitely does not cause any new ones. My only concern is that now Elde has done a rebranding and I haven’t tried their new version, I really hope I won’t be disappointed!
- Madara Clarifying Toner, £12. Toners are often overlooked in skincare routines but for me it’s one of the most crucial steps that makes a huge difference to how my skin looks. Madara has got a fantastic selection of toners suitable for different skin types and concerns and Clarifying Toner is definitely worth checking for anyone who’s got blemishes. It contains Salicylic acid that gently exfoliates skin, it soothes thanks to the cucumber extract and it further purifies skin diminishing the appearance of whiteheads and blackheads. It’s also not so strong and not drying at all like other toners for acne-prone skin that contain with salicylic acid.
- Lee Jiham Vita Propolis Ampoule, £26.90. If the other three products on my list are created for acne-prone skin, it is not the case with this serum. As a huge fan of K-beauty I couldn’t resist to include one of the Korean skincare products. I am also convinced that it is not necessary to use only products for acne to have clear skin but it is important to use skincare that makes skin happy. Repairing serum is a must in my skincare routine, I’ve a got a few strong favourites and as I discovered Lee Jiham in 2016 I think it should be on this list. It is not 100% natural brand, but I still love their formulas and they are much cleaner than many brands that claim to be natural and organic. This serum is great for brightening, repairing and plumping skin. I usually use it overnight and I always wake up with glowing skin the next morning. It definitely helps to fade some of post-acne brown spots and even skin tone. It also has very pleasant texture that will work well for oily and combination skin types.
- Evolve Organic Beauty Fresh Face Facial Wash, £14. I decided to finish my list with a good cleanser, as this is such an important step in any skincare routine. Lightly foaming gel cleansers were my preference in 2016 and Evolve Facial Wash was repurchased far more often than others. This wash feels very luxurious yet with much smaller price tag that you would expect to pay for a high end natural cleanser. I love Evolve Organic Beauty a lot as all there products are hand made using very high quality ingredients and produced locally in the UK. Fresh Face Wash is designed for oily and combination skin types, it’s a really pleasant gel that produces just enough lather, has nice fresh scent that is not overpowering, doesn’t leave any residue and cleanses skin really well. And what is the most important thing is that it is very gentle and doesn’t ruin skin balance causing it to break out. Love it!
So this is my list of favourites for 2016. Last year it was all about soothing my skin and keeping up with the progress of previous year. 2017 is the time to tackle some of the post-acne scarring I have and to achieve even and smooth complexion, so stay tuned!